Re: Which F3 --> F4.5 Converter?

From: Chris Kasten <kasten_at_brookings.net>
Date: 1995/10/26

dan_at_li-business.ab.ca (dan) wrote:

> >Greetings:
> >
> >Can anyone recommend a Forms 3 to Forms 4.5 converter? We've had a look
> >at GUI*Converter from Kumaran (sp?) Systems. It looks pretty good, but
> >it would be nice to compare it with something.
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >--
> >| Eric Hartzenberg |'Net : eric_at_erichome.demon.co.uk |
> >| Oracle Analyst/Programmer | CIS : 100073,21 |
> >|____________________________|__________________________________|
> >
> Our DBA used the product and was not very impressed. After some testing, we decided
> to go with the converter provided with oracle. We are using oracle 4.5.6.3.3 (tools) and are
> getting reasonable results. You still have to tweek the forms to get them running perfectly
> but no product is absolutly perfect. Whatever your time line for conversion is, double it!
> It seems that every other form has a twist to it, and you may find your deadline approching
> quicker than you thought.

> Hope this helps. Dan

I'll second that. You may also want to consider limitting the mouse navigation to the item level for the first release of converted forms. That way you can concentrate on getting the forms converted before having to get tense over the fact that user's with mice will destroy much of your linear forms 3 logic!

Chris

--
Chris Kasten
Programmer/Analyst (among others...)