Re: Oracle Performance Problems

From: Michel Sahyoun <msahy_at_atlantic.ny.ctp.com>
Date: 1995/10/26

Thanks for the tips guys! Our redo logs were far too small.

We just made them much bigger and our loads run like a charm now.

BTW are K200 has 256Megs of RAM, 2 processors and about 24Gigs of disk. But this is only our development environment. Our production machine is going to be a T500 with 4 processors, RAM TBD (probably 512Megs), and a 100Gig of disk mirrored (ie 200 Gigs).

We're expected to be doing about 1.5 to 2 million inserts nightly.

Our disks will be nicely striped using the logical volume manager.

We're still kinda debating RAID vs mirroring but it seems mirroring is winning the argument.

thanks again.

Michel Received on Thu Oct 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message