Re: How to set Rollback in Loader?

From: Donna Bigler <donnab_at_intermec.com>
Date: 1995/10/25

Thanks, Paul. I did know I could set the smaller RBS's offline to force the large RBS to be used, but my load has to occur when other users are online as well, so I was hoping for a method to have them all online at the same time, but force the dataload to use only the large RBS. If anyone knows of a method to do this, I'd like to hear it. Otherwise I will use Paul's suggested method and see what happens.

-Donna

Paul Baumgartel (paulb_at_pcnet.com) wrote:
: donnab_at_intermec.com (Donna Bigler) wrote:

: >We have a large rollback segment which we bring online only
: >when we do a large LOAD (from another vendor's database).

: >How do I set the LOADER tool to use only that RBS?
: >(Some version of 'Set Transaction use rollback ... ' that will work in loader?

: >MTIA
: >Donna Bigler

: I don't know if you can do it directly, but if you embed your loader
: commands in a file that first runs a SQL script that, after bringing
: the large RBS online, takes all of the rest (except SYSTEM, of course)
: offline, the load will have to use the large RBS. No new transactions
: will be assigned to the other segments; if they are in use when you
: issue the "offline" command, they will go offline when the
: transactions currently using them are complete. After your load,
: bring the regular segments online and the large segment offline.
: I do this every day for a large dataload and it works well.

: Paul Baumgartel, Principal Consultant paulb_at_pcnet.com
: Adept Computer Associates, Inc.