Re: Forms 4.5 - 3rd party graphics and reports

From: <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1995/10/25

In article <45un74$234_at_uranus.cssc-woll.tansu.com.au>, Richard Scott <richard> says:

>I am developing an application using Developer 2000 and would like
>a graphics and reporting tool that will allow a user to alter
>report and chart layouts at runtime. Could anyone steer me to a
>3rd party package that could assist me. I would like the 3rd party
>products to be an integral part of the delivered package, so a
>DDL or VBX control would be appropriate.
>
>Thanks in Advance
>

>Richard Scott

We determined that reports and graphics didnt satisfy our needs (which were some pretty complicated stuff) and, after looking at a couple of products, settled on SAS.
We have forms invoking SAS/AF screens, which then produce standard graphs and reports - ie. the users cant vary them. We are allowing ad-hoc reporting through a tool called Business Objects, put out by a company called executive computing (the australian reps).
While I don't think this is actually 'integrated', it gives a seamless end-product to the end user, with single sign on, and so on. While we haven't gone live with any of this yet, it is looking pretty snazzy so far.
Is this of any use?

Lee

      /\/\      :  Lee Levy, ISSD, Systems Integration Services
     / / /\     :  BHP Information Technology (WOLLONGONG REGION)
    / / /  \    :  PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia
   / / / /\ \   :  ACN 006 476 213
   \ \/ / / /   :  Telephone:  +61 42 755485
    \  / / /    :  Facsimile:  +61 42 755500
     \/\/\/     :  Internet :  Levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au
Opinions expressed are my own and not those of either my employer or their clients Received on Wed Oct 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message