Oracle Snapshots

From: Dana M. Riley <dmriley>
Date: 1995/10/24

I have an application where, for performance reasons, I would like to replicate a read-only copy of a database overseas. The initial database is approximately 1GByte with approximately 250KB/Day of additions and/or modifications. I am considering using Snapshots for this application. I have two questions. How well do snapshots work with Oracle 7.1.6? (I had been told that snapshots did not work well in 7.0.?) Secondly, what are my options for networking? Is International ISDN Basic or Primary available?

Any help which the net can give me will be greatly appreciated> If you do not feel that this is appropriate for general consumption, please feel free to contact me at Dana.Riley_at_SDRC.COM. Received on Tue Oct 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message