Re: SQL*Net v2.1

From: Matthew M. Lih <matt.lih_at_trw.com>
Date: 1995/10/24

In article <46go62$g65_at_news.cis.nctu.edu.tw>, Eric Sundby <eric.sundby_at_medaphis.com> says:

>I just upgraded my server and some clients to SQL*Net v2.1. During
>testing, I noticed that connecting using SQL*Net v2.1 takes betweek 40 to
>60 percent LONGER to connect than with v1.1.

Are you using the multi-threaded server? I only recently realized that unless you specifically set the correct parameters Oracle will use dedicated servers. This starts another OS process for each connection desired. The multi-threaded server lets one process handle multiple client connections.

Hope this helps.

Matthew M. Lih
Software Lead, SAIN Project
TRW Data Technologies Division Received on Tue Oct 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message