(no subject)

From: Rick Schwartz <rschwart_at_radgrp.com>
Date: 1995/10/24

Has anyone ever tried to run SQL*Net between NT Server and Windows Client on the same box using TCP/IP?

I did and each request seems to take between 1 and 2 minutes.

I called tech support and the guy said, "Oh yeh, that's a common
complaint." He proceded to tell me to increase the priority of the foreground windows tasks or to make all windows clients run in thier own addres space.

Sorry, wrong answer. Great. So now I'm down to a minute and a half instead of two.

Either there is a bug or, there is some little undocumented installation nuance that I don't know about.

Has anyone run into this?

Later...

---
Rick Schwartz, Partner  (rschwart_at_radgrp.com)
The Rapid Application Development Group (905) 803-1148  Fax:

(905) 542-3876
(http://www.radgrp.com/)