Re: ORACLE on SCO

From: Mark Citron <mcitron_at_usc.edu>
Date: 1995/10/22

We have been using Oracle on SCO for the last five year. It is currently running on 5 AST and Compaq (dual processor) platforms here at the hospital without any problems. We are using both SOC Opernserver 5 and 3.2v4. No installation problems. We are using DB-General for some tuning along with Patrol. I dont know the exact pricing but consider the workgroup server version of Oracle, it is substantially less than the enterprise version and you only loose the distributed tables capability. Let me know if you have any other questions.

--
Mark Citron
Manager Oracle Development