Re: Opening Oracle DB in VB ???

From: Andy Hobson <HOBSONA_at_prc4wc.igw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1995/10/20

In article <30865307.5CDF_at_tv2.no>,

   Anders Instefjord <anders.instefjord_at_tv2.no> wrote:
>Hi
>
>Try using SQL passthrough instead and let the Oracle DB handle
>your queries.
>
>Another tips is to try out Oracle Objects for OLE. It includes a
>MS compatible datacontrol that connects to Oracle without
>using ODBC.

There is a product called Oracle Glue which allows standard SQL*plus to be executed from VB strings by simply calling DLL functions (headers included).

Eg. SQLexec "select user_name into :user_name: from users;"

You get variables for things like row count & you can just step through the rows retrieved placing the results into VB variables

It really is easy - I had several queries up and running in a day.

Andy. Received on Fri Oct 20 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message