Re: Best DBA Training?

From: David Scott <dscott_at_is.net>
Date: 1995/10/20

In article <465v8l$1j2b_at_cass.ma02.bull.com>, j.boes_at_zds.com (Jeff Boes) wrote:

> I'm an applications programmer, with a good working knowledge of SQL
> (5 years), considering an opportunity to become a DBA. Has anyone
> else had experiences making this transition? What kinds of training
> will I need? Any recommendations? Thanks!

I've made exactly the same transition, and used the Oracle Master's training (Admin track) as a springboard to the new position. I've also taken the chance to read everything I could get my hands on, joined the local Oracle User's group, became a member of IOUG, and went to the IOUW.

If you're interested, go for it! Let me know how it works out; email me if you have even more questions... good luck!

David Scott
...how can I keep from singing?
email: dscott_at_is.net