Re: Power Objects:Error on Executables on Macintosh

From: IBS Pty Ltd <ibsuucp_at_ibs.dialix.oz.au>
Date: 1995/10/20

In article <95289.183629ACHAN_at_SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU>, ACHAN_at_SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (ACHAN_at_SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU) writes:
>Can anyone help me with errors I get running the executable on
>Macintosh?
>
>I have a FORM, use menu 'Generate Executable' to get
>a .appl file, which is supposedly the stand-alone
>executable able to run on a Macintosh without any other
>Power Object software. The Macintoshes have SQLNet v.2.0.15.0.0.C
>running on them. The FORM runs fine in Power Objects Designer RUN FORM.
>
>When running the stand-alone executable, I get the errors
>
>SES-04000: Invalid or missing database driver ID for
> session "FORM"
>
>BAS-01100: Error executing method inherited from system
>
>Thanks for help in advance.
>
>Andrea Chan (E-mail: ACHAN_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU)

This may be a long shot as the error message does not exactly to match up with the suggestion below, but...

Have a look at the connect properties on your session object. There are three different properties that you will need to check, the DesignConnect, DesignRunConnect and the RunConnect properties. It is my guess that you have the DesignConnect set OK, but you don't have the RunConnect set the same.

Hope this helps.

Andrew Zerk.

Integrated Business Support Pty Ltd Ph +617 3848 0399
123 Hyde Road                         Fax   +617 3848 8844
Yeronga  Qld 4104                     Email support_at_ibs.dialix.oz.au
Australia
Quality software for the banking and finance industries