utilization of object ids in FROMS 4.5 ???

From: pixl <pixlinc_at_clark.net>
Date: 1995/10/19

Hello:

For a client of ours, we are developing a forms based application. As Oracle recommends to use an object (e.g window, canvas, block, form etc.) by its object id rather than its object name for data manipluation purposes and so we intend to do. But before we refer an object by its id, we have to use oracle's package procedures to convert an object name to its object id. fine and dandy so far.

Is there any way that these object ids can be stored in a centralised repository like globals or lists and can be used across the application, rather than converting these names again and again (as it partially defeats the purpose of effeciency). We tried using lists, but typical declarations like WINDOW, FORMMODULE (i belive) can not be captured in the lists and thus can not be utilized globally.

shall appreciate help on this.

thanks in advance.

replys may be communicated to pixlinc_at_clark.net.

aj. from pixl. Received on Thu Oct 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message