Re: RE: Oracle as a back-end for MS Access?

From: Donna Kray <kray.donna_at_mlink.motors.ge.com>
Date: 1995/10/19

Tom Cooke <Tom_at_tomcooke.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Maybe I'm wrong (I only got this working today) but seems to me that
>you only get "read" access to data in a remote database using
>Access => ODBC => SQL*Net TCP/IP (Windows) => SQL*Net TCP/IP (Unix) => Oracle
>I get a message "This record set cannot be updated". Whereas if you point
>Access at a Personal Oracle7 database on your PC, you can change things.
>Let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree...
>--
>Tom Cooke

Mr. Cooke, try putting a index or primary key on the table on the Oracle side of things. We use Access as a front end to an Oracle 7 database on UNIX (RS6000) with TCP/IP, and I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

Respectfully, DL Kray Received on Thu Oct 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message