Re: DELPHI - What do you think?

From: Mark Surfas <Mark_at_criticalmass.com>
Date: 1995/10/18

sewell_at_netcom.com (Phil Sewell) wrote:
>I've heard that its language is similar to PASCAL, if that's what you are
>looking for ! I'd say it's success lies with any group of developers who
>like to learn and hold the key to proprietary langauges. I'd suggest
>tools that reduce or perhaps eliminate the need to learn proprietary
>languages and focus on defining applications from the aspect of a
>business model and using industry standard SQL.

  1. The language is Object Pascal. IT's fast, Heavily TYPED, an easy path to OOP and a joy to work with.
  2. It's an extension of Pascal. I don't consider it to be proprietary. You might argue that it is, but alot of old-line pascal programmers are now able to easily convert their knowledge to a GUI paradigm.
  3. I think it's much more powerful than VB, As fast as C (and much easier to use) and has a killer interface.
  4. If delphi can get past the Borland connection it may be huge.

I won't flame the prior post (I'm new to this group) but I don't think his post has much merit.

--
Mark Surfas - Technical Director

Critical Mass Communications
HTTP://CriticalMass.Com
Phone: (714) 494-9599 x6010

Home of the Comp.Infosystems Searchable Archive!
RealAudio, MindWire, Secure Transactions, Concordance