Re: Generating Forms 2.3 .inp file from .frm

From: Mike Rife <rife_at_aarlo.moffitt.usf.edu>
Date: 1995/10/18

In article <45pap4$96d_at_news.pacifier.com>, tkupp_at_pacifier.com (RastM) says:

>Situation:
>Oracle V6 database running on SCO ODT 3.0 platform with Forms V2.3
>.frm file (might be from a previous NCR UNIX box) with no .inp file in sight.
>
>Nothing in the database tables for this particular form. If the .frm
>file is from the SCO version of Forms, is there a way of getting the .inp
>file (or database records) generated? I've tried iac and iag, and they
>either don't generate anything, or I get strange error messages. When I
>try to use runform with the form, I get 'ERROR: 2 form processing
>allocations, 29040 bytes, not freed.'
>
>Any suggestions appreciated.
>
>--
>tkupp_at_pacifier.com

It is not possible to generate an INP from an FRM. You wold need a "dis-generater". You may be able to "hack" some SELECTS out of the FRM by using the STRINGS command:

   strings v23.inp | pg

This will allow you to look at any ASCII strings in the FRM. Received on Wed Oct 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message