Pro*C Release 2.0.6.0.0 Problems

From: Mark R. Crutcher <crutcher>
Date: 1995/10/17

I am having some problems when precompiling with Pro*C 2.0.6.0.0. The application I am using this for is IBM's Product Manager. First, the size of the resulting executable after precompiling, compiling and linking is much larger than those precompiled with Pro*C release 1.5.10.1.0. Second I am trying to figure out why a number of libraries are repeated in the link step of ORACLE's make file and lastly I am trying to figure out where and if there are shared library equivalents to the archive library containing ORACLE object modules. Also I can compile and link a C function with the CC command and it executes successfully. The linker gives an error message that there is no main function but the function still works when called by PM. But when I link the object with ld using the same options as those used with CC the result is a program that bombs when called by PM.

Any help here would be appreciated. My phone number at Lockheed Martin in Orlando is 407-826-6159. Received on Tue Oct 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message