Re: Oracle v Microsoft

From: Jacqui Caren <Jacqui.Caren_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: 1995/10/17

In article <45mra3$ful_at_eiger.pncl.co.uk>, household bleach <merv_at_pncl.co.uk> wrote:
>Do you know of a user friendly unix db admin function, shows you all
>the nice things taht a db would want to know and warns you of
>trouble...no so how does Oracle hope to contend with microsoft in the
>user friendly market and the internet ???????????????

Seen the tool by Alligator Descartes (XDBA)? Seen the oracle 7 management interface.
There are many ways to "watchpoint" an oracle application. The simplest being a (unix) cron job running a stat sql script.

If your point was that Windows has nice graphics and a moron can run it then I agree. If you want to store all of the business hotels in the world in a database and give people a full search capability then you need something like oracle. Microsoft windog just is not scalable enough.
BTW this is a real Oracle app. see http://travel.cm-net.com/

By the way, are you Pinnacle Staff or a customer? I know quite a few of the staff at pinnacle - they are clever articulate people. I will assume that you are a new customer, eager to start his/her first flame war.

Follows to alt.test

Jacqui Caren

--
Jacqui Caren, Paul Ingram Group Ltd. J.Caren_at_ig.co.uk
echo '$a' | adb