(no subject)

From: Hugh Stewart McKenna <ahipc1j.smcken01_at_eds.com>
Date: 1995/10/17

Hi. I'm using Oracle for AIX v7.1 from a windows client with SQL*NET v2. I have been trying to use the pattern matching functions without much luck,
e.g.

Select col_name from table
where varchar like 'val%'

seems o.k.

but when I try

Select col_name from table
where varchar like 'val_e'

to search for 'value' or 'valve'
the query consistantly returns no data, even though I verified that there is data for both 'value' and 'valve'.

Any help would be appreciated. Oracle has been called, but I have found this forum to be faster !

TIA

--
Hugh Stewart McKenna    ahipc1j.smcken01_at_eds.com
The above are entirely my own opinions.