Re: PRO*C Problem

From: Larry <emat_at_qnet.com>
Date: 1995/10/17

In article <DGJqsF.6FI_at_nntpa.cb.att.com>, pandaris says...

>I ran into a problem with pro*c and thought some one might help.
>
>We have an oracle 6 database on an Amdahl machine. We are trying it
>to port it to oracle 7.2 on HP/9000. Our database is a small database
>(700 M bytes including system, data, index, rollback and temp).
>
>For porting we created a small database on the HP9000 (50 Mbytes) and
 are
>testing our application programs. Here is where we ran into a problem.
>
>We tried to run a program that tries to put some of the entries in the
 database
>into shared memory. The program opens a few cursors during its
 execution.
>Here is where the program is acting funny. It is opening a few cursors,
 but is
>giving a ORA-01012 (NOT LOGGED ON) error on others. When we check the
>database,
>using server manager, it shows that we are actually logged on during
 that step.
>When we put an explicit connect statement just before the open cursor
 and
>reconnect to the database (the server manager now shows two
 connections), the
>query is working fine.
>
>My question is, what exactly is goin wrong the first time? Why is the
>application able to open a few cursors and unable to open others? Are
 we
>running short of space or other resource? Is there anything else that I
 need
>know?
>
>Here is the output of the program
>
>$<sawsdev> r sh
>shm_init
>Couldn't open Ws800 cursor: ORA-01012: not logged on
>number of CrnTrans records=49
>number of SisTrans records=146
>number of Sis Account records=14 # of good accts=3 # of bad accts=0
>number of Sis Term records=7 # of bad accts=0
>number of DDipFlag records=8 # of bad CRNs=0
>number of X00 Number records=6 # NonActive=33 # NonProvisioned=965
>number of TRDReport records=376
>number of ICPReport records=299
>Couldn't open DialAccnt cursor
>Couldn't open ActCip cursor
>
>First it is unable to open the Ws800 cursor. But, it opens a few
 cursors and
>processes the queries. Again it is unable to open the last two cursors.
>
>Any help is appreciated.
>
>Thanx in advance
>
>Sridhar
>
>--
>

> \\/\\//
> | O O |
> | v |
>| |
>|Sridhar Pandari Off: (614) 860-5934|
>|AT&T Bell Laboratories Res: (614) 274-6889|
>| |

Check the number of cursors you have in the init file. If you used the same init file the number of cursors is too small to do anything in pl/sql. Believe value should be at least 250 Received on Tue Oct 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message