Problem using conncurrent logins

From: Michael L. Weaver <mlweav2_at_oprah.ecte.uswc.uswest.com>
Date: 1995/10/16

I am having trouble using Pro C with a default database connection and an explicit connection. Everything works OK as long as I use the default connection but as soon as I start using th explicit connection then the default connection seems to get confused and use the explict db instance. For example

exec sql connect blah/blah 				/* default */
exec sql connect blah/blah at db_name using :db_string 	/* explicit */
exec sql at db_name declare s1 statement
exec sql insert into table foo (blah) values ('blah')	/* Works OK */
exec sql prepare s1 from :query
exec sql declare c1 cursor for s1
exec sql open c1;
exec sql at db_name fetch c1....				/* Works Ok */
exec sql insert into table foo (blah) values ('blah')	/* Confused,  writes */
							/* wrong instance */

I am runing Oracle 7.0.16.4.0, HP-UX A.09.04, Pro*C: Release 1.5.10.1.0. Any ideas ? Things work fine if all logins are explict an I use AT for all statements but I don't want it to work this way Any help would be appreciated Received on Mon Oct 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message