PRO*C Problem

From: S. Pandari <pandaris>
Date: 1995/10/16

I ran into a problem with pro*c and thought some one might help.

We have an oracle 6 database on an Amdahl machine. We are trying it to port it to oracle 7.2 on HP/9000. Our database is a small database (700 M bytes including system, data, index, rollback and temp).

For porting we created a small database on the HP9000 (50 Mbytes) and are testing our application programs. Here is where we ran into a problem.

We tried to run a program that tries to put some of the entries in the database into shared memory. The program opens a few cursors during its execution. Here is where the program is acting funny. It is opening a few cursors, but is giving a ORA-01012 (NOT LOGGED ON) error on others. When we check the database,
using server manager, it shows that we are actually logged on during that step. When we put an explicit connect statement just before the open cursor and reconnect to the database (the server manager now shows two connections), the query is working fine.

My question is, what exactly is goin wrong the first time? Why is the application able to open a few cursors and unable to open others? Are we running short of space or other resource? Is there anything else that I need to
know?

Here is the output of the program

$<sawsdev> r sh
shm_init
Couldn't open Ws800 cursor: ORA-01012: not logged on number of CrnTrans records=49
number of SisTrans records=146
number of Sis Account records=14 # of good accts=3 # of bad accts=0 number of Sis Term records=7 # of bad accts=0 number of DDipFlag records=8 # of bad CRNs=0 number of X00 Number records=6 # NonActive=33 # NonProvisioned=965 number of TRDReport records=376
number of ICPReport records=299
Couldn't open DialAccnt cursor
Couldn't open ActCip cursor

First it is unable to open the Ws800 cursor. But, it opens a few cursors and processes the queries. Again it is unable to open the last two cursors.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanx in advance

Sridhar

--

		             \\/\\//
                             | O O |

| |
|Sridhar Pandari Off: (614) 860-5934| |AT&T Bell Laboratories Res: (614) 274-6889|
| |