Power Objects

From: Crispin Trueman <ctrueman_at_metz.une.edu.au>
Date: 1995/10/16

I've just connected Power objects up to a Version 7 Oracle database on a Unix box. My system DBA has only given me read access to the base tables and thats not a problem at this stage. What is a problem is that when I connect a session to the database I do not get a graphical view of the tables in the session window. I know the connection is live because I can enter the table details into the record source field of a form and then add column based fields to the form and return records. I have a feeling that the problem is that I don't own the tables and have to proceed the table name with the table owners name. Is there a way around this problem as I loose all the graphical drag and drop goodies. Received on Mon Oct 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message