ORACLE Configuration

From: <chswrvg9_at_ibmmail.com>
Date: 1995/10/16

  • Resending note of 10.10.95 07:45

Hello

It looks like my first posting got lost somewhere in the information highway.

I am evaluating HW/SW for setting up an ORACLE unix server with Windows and OS/2 clients.

Some questions still confuse me:

  • Should we run forms/reports/graphics from a file server or from the workstations disk ? Clients run WinOS2 and Windows 3.11.
  • Recommended configuration CPU/disk/RAM for above clients ?
  • Shall developpers start designer/2000 from a file server or locally ?
  • Any experience in accessing Oracle on UNIX from a client running Smalltalk either on OS/2 Warp or Win95 ? Which SW is required ?
  • Is there a way to access Oracle DBs without SQL which should be considrable faster than SQL ?
  • Is it possible to store forms,reports,graphics in the oracle db ? Can I then run it out of the oracle db or from a server ?
  • Doese oracle provide a version control for forms, reports, graphics, more ?

Thanks for any help

Roger Pitton

  • - - - - - - - SWISSAIR Information Systems - - - - - - - - IS Revenue Management Passengers PROFS: PYRAMID Tel: 812 23 50 Fax: 812 90 04 TTY: HDQQPSR