Re: Generate C-headers from Oracle-tables

From: Richard A. Woods <rawoods_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/10/15

In <45iv7d$qme_at_Dortmund.Germany.EU.net> frank-p <frank-p_at_personalmail.germany.eu.net> writes:

>We´re nearly sure there is a tool to generate C-style headerfiles from
>Oracle tables for using with Pro*C or in any other way.
>But we didn´t find it neither in the guides nor in the online-docs.
>(maybe, since we don´t now the exact name...)
>
>Is there anyone with a tip?
>
>THX - Frank
Why don't you write select statements that query your data dictionary that produce the text output you want and spool the output to a file. For example, select '#define ',table_name,'/* Table ',table_name,'*/' from all_tables where owner = ....

I think you get the idea.

Rich Woods
Oracle Worldwide Customer Support Received on Sun Oct 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message