No OFA directory structure status (was: ORACLE 7.2)

From: Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: 1995/10/15

In article <dischner-1310951036350001_at_gkc12a.klch.med.uni-muenchen.de>, Anton Dischner <dischner_at_med.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> updated Oracle 7.1.3 to Oracle 7.2.2 on a test-machine IBM 320H AIX 4.1.3.
> OFA directory structure is not supported, had to make links myself to
> initSID.ora by hand.

We recently put significant effort into restructuring our code etc to work with the OFA directory structure on the assumption that it was the best way forward and that Oracle would continue to support it.

Can anyone tell me why the OFA directory structure is not supported in 7.2 ? Will it be supported again in later releases ? Have Oracle's QA department been shot yet? (ooops, sorry, slipped out ;-)

Tim. Received on Sun Oct 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message