Re: dbCGI on Netscape Comm Server NT

From: David-Michael Lincke <dlincke_at_bandon.unisg.ch>
Date: 1995/10/14

Bill Barton (barton_at_teleport.com) wrote:
> I have installed and tested SQL*Net and ODBC. I installed odbccgi.exe and
> testfile.sql in the cgi-bin directory. CGI is enabled on the server. When I
> try http://hostname/cgi-bin/odbccgi.exe/testfile.sql I get a "Not Found"
> message. Same thing for http://hostname/cgi-bin/odbccgi.exe?testfile.sql.

> So, any tips on getting this tool to execute?

The documentation states dbcgi is a normal cgi program, but in fact it is an nph script. So either change the name to nph-odbccgi.exe or change the firsdt fprintf() in main() and recompile. There's also some memory allocation code that can cause core dumps in conjunction with date columns in select statements in the native, i.e. SQL*Net, Oracle 7 version. This is easily fixable in the FormatOutput() function.
BTW There's no need for ODBC and SQL*Net concurrently. Why don't you just use SQL*Net alone, with the oracle 7 version of dbcgi.

dave

--
David-Michael Lincke	Institute for Information Management at USG
EMail: dlincke_at_sgcl1.unisg.ch