Re: Help: SQLDBA didn't work in Screen mode

From: Leng Kaing <leng_at_cougar.vut.edu.au>
Date: 1995/10/14

Mr. Rao Mannepalli (csmanne_at_knuth.mtsu.edu) wrote:
: Hello Friends,
:
: I need some help regarding SQLDBA. I am working on Oracle database 7.1 and SQL*FORMS 3.0 on SCO Unix. I tried to work with SQL*DBA. It is giving me a lot of problems. But SQLDBA working in line mode, for example if I type $sqldba lmode=y,
: it comes to sqldba prompt and works fine. If i try to work in the screen mode, It is giving me DBA-0320 error mesg. Here is the error mesg in verbatim.
: 'DBA-0320 can't open sqldba configuration file /usr2/oracle/rdbms/sqldba//'.
: If anybody has any suggestion regarding this problem, please send me a mail.

: Thanks in advance.

You need to set TERM or ORACLE_TERM. If ORACLE_TERM is not set, oracle will look for TERM. So if working on vt100 terminals, do one of the following first:

C Shell:

        setenv TERM vt100

Bourne Shell:

        set TERM=vt100;export TERM;

Then start up sql*dba.

--
Leng Kaing - Software Consultant/DBA     Tel: +61-3-9688-4368
Dept of IT&S, VUT - Footscray Campus     Fax: +61-3-9688-4800