Licensing changeover to Developer 2000

From: <jtseng_at_ivcfnsc.fullfeed.com>
Date: 1995/10/13

Can anyone out there tell me how you settled with Oracle on the licensing issue of switching for terminal based to client/server? Did you end up just simply buying SQL*Net licenses from Oracle, or did they give you licenses to maintain functionality? What is the cost of one year of support for Developer 2000 per developer?

We've been in negotiations w/ Oracle for an astounding 3 months now. We are a VAX/VMS shop running terminal based applications and developing in a terminal based environment. It is my understanding that there are no plans for development to be able to be done on a terminal (it is hard to see how such a thing would be possible) w/ D2000.

I'd heard that the cost of one year of support is roughly $2500. Is this correct? If so, we are looking at a 110% increase in support costs to MAINTAIN development, and in actuality REDUCE the number of developers we can have.

Thanks in advance.

Joe Tseng
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
P.O. Box 7895
Madison, WI 53707-7895

jtseng_at_ivcfnsc.fullfeed.com Received on Fri Oct 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message