Re: Nobody documents forms at all?

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1995/10/12

In article <45b8g1$oje_at_explorer.csc.com> tknoll_at_csc.com (Travis Knoll) writes:
>Just curious, since we would like to create a design document, and
>I have never seen any documentation for forms.
>
>I posted asking for help from anybody that has done it and got no
>response, so I guess this is a last troll, hoping for some help or an
>example...
>
>Travis Knoll, Computer Sciences Corporation

Travis:

I believe I saw your first post, but didn't respond. I thought you were asking about documentation within Forms. Forms documentation is severely lacking. We would like to print out a form listing, (mostly only the triggers and procedures), but you get pages and pages of attributes, so we don't waste the paper.

Our documentation consists of a data element dictionary describing each field in each table and hundreds of pages describing the processing methods as they follow the business rules.

For each form, there is a document (~10 pages) giving precise technical specs. In addition, when more than one form or job performs the same functions, these functions are written in appendices and the form's specs refer to them.

Regards,

Steve Cosner
stevec_at_csufresno.edu (Calif State University, Fresno) Received on Thu Oct 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message