Re: Insert fails with varchar2(750) when string is longer than 250

From: Jonathan Wayne Ingram <jwingram_at_whale.st.usm.edu>
Date: 1995/10/11

Hagen Finley (hagen_at_violet.berkeley.edu) wrote:
: VALUES (1,'36-37', 'The essence 1 of Enframing is that setting-upon gathered
: into itself which entraps the truth of its own coming to presence with
: oblivion .2 This entrapping disguises itself, in that it develops {Page 37}
: into the setting in order of eve
:
: ERROR at line 2:
: ORA-01756: quoted string not properly terminated

Have you tried concatenating many small strings together to form the large text string in question?

Also, it appears that you are attempting to place your entire insert statement on one line of text. Try breaking it into multiple lines if this is the case, since there is a maximum line length...

I hope this helps. I've never needed a VARCHAR2 more than 60-70 characters long, so if this is indeed a bug I would be interested in knowing more details.

Jonathan Received on Wed Oct 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message