Re: How can I limit # of CONCUR users with same uid/pwd?

From: Steve Butler <sbut-is_at_seatimes.com>
Date: 1995/10/11

On 28 Sep 1995, Eddie Hernandez wrote:
> I would like to limit the number of session created using the same
> userid/password (Except for the SYSTEM login for admin purposes.).

CREATE PROFILE <profilename> LIMIT SESSIONS_PER_USER 1; ALTER USER <user> PROFILE <profilename>;

I'd be hesitant to change the DEFAULT profile to impose the limits since that will affect anyone (SYS, SYSTEM, etc) using that doesn't have another profile set. However, if you take care and build a PROFILE for those logons and THEN set the default to have a 1 session per user limit, you might be safe (at least newly created users will automatically assigned to the DEFAULT profile).

--Steve

| Steve Butler          Voice:  206-464-2998         |
| The Seattle Times       Fax:  206-382-8898         |
| PO Box 70          Internet:  sbut-is_at_seatimes.com |
| Seattle, WA 98111    Packet:  KG7JE_at_N6EQZ.WA       |
All standard and non-standard disclaimers apply. All other sources are annonymous. Received on Wed Oct 11 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message