Oracle as a back-end for MS Access?

From: Rene Baart <baart_at_Simplex.simplex.nl>
Date: 1995/10/10

I'm involved in a project for adapting an Access application to use an Oracle database as the backend, using ODBC.

Experiences with INGRES ODBC have been less than favorable (to put it mildly), and I'm wondering if there are any caveats in switching backends from Access to Oracle.

Has anyone every tried a thing like this? Are there any serious bugs/problems/limitations that I should be aware of? How much will performance suffer?

Thanks in advance,
Rene

--
Rene Baart                              |
Amstelveen, The Netherlands             | baart_at_simplex.nl