So many instances..so many user accounts...too many passwords!

From: Joanne Corcodilos <corkie_at_njcc.com>
Date: 1995/10/10

I'm wondering how other Oracle sites are handling multiple instances which have multiple user accounts. How do you handle the same user needing access to two or more servers?

We're faced with the problem of having users who need access to multiple Oracle instances. We'd rather not have the user need to memorize additional passwords. How are other sites handling this situation? Any ideas on synching passwords?

Does anyone know if SQL<>Secure from Braintree will streamline this problem? Will Oracle Corp be addressing this in a future release?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Joanne Corcodilos

Extended Database Solutions
P.O. Box 392
Windsor, NJ 08561   Received on Tue Oct 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message