Re: Question about an ORA error

From: Nalini Vallampati <nalini.vallampati_at_daytonoh.attgis.com>
Date: 1995/10/09

>In article <DG1F5r.Jy6_at_ebi.ac.uk> Patricia Rodriguez-Tome writes:
>

>Hello,
>
>could somebody tell me what is the error :
>ORA-06136: NETTCP: error during connection handshake

You can use the command:

oerr ora <error_number>

for easy explanation of error messages. This means that there is a problem with the communication protocol when using SQL*NET. Here is the diagnostic :

$ oerr ora 6136
06136, 00000, "NETTCP: error during connection handshake"

// *Cause:  Network I/O failure occurred while communicating with the
//          host's SQL*Net TCP/IP server.
//          See the SQL*Net TCP/IP server log file for more details.
// *Action: Contact your customer support representative.
$

Hope this helps...

Nalini

Nalini Vallampati
UNIX Admin/Oracle DBA
AT&T Capital - Global Information Solutions Miamisburg, OH 45342 Received on Mon Oct 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message