Problem with new ODBC driver

From: RZuniga <rzuniga_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/10/07

I'm having a weird problem with the new Oracle ODBC driver. It don't work. When I run the odbctest program I get this error.

SQLSTATE: S1000
Bative Error Code:-2003
Driver Message:[Oracle][ODBC][Rdb] Connect Ret 0 Err#10061 WSAECONNREFUSED
Connection refused

It could be I don't understand the new setup procedure. The old one was pretty simple.
All that was needed was to enter the connection string TNS:DB.world or something like that.
Now I get this new field that says Attach Statement. What's that?

By the way I'm using SQL*Net v 2.x and it is working. It is the ODBC driver that doesn't.

This is what used to have and used to work.

Old Driver

Driver:		Oracle 7
FileName:	SQORA7.dll
Company:	Oracle Corp.
Version:	1.10.0001
Language:	U.S. English
Creation Date:	21/07/94 0:00:00
Size:		180,608 bytes

Now I have this driver and it does not work.

New Driver

Driver:		Oracle ODBC Driver for Rdb
FileName:	SQRDB.dll
Company:	Oracle Corp.
Version:	2.00.1200
Language:	U.S. English
Creation Date:	10/4/95 0:00:00
Size:		165,296 bytes

I'll appreciate any suggestions.. Received on Sat Oct 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message