Re: HELP!!! I filled up my system tablespace!

From: Don Hudson <dhudson_at_digital.net>
Date: 1995/10/07

Matthew M. Lih (matt.lih_at_trw.com) wrote:

: How do I add storage to my system tablespace?! I'm at 97% utilization!

: Folks at Oracle and elsewhere said 20M ought to be plenty, but
: I just looked at other resources which suggest 70M is more like
: it.

Look at the 'alter tablespace <ts_name> add datafile <df_name> size <xxx>M' command this will add an additional file to the tablespace increasing the total tablespace. Note that the df_name is system dependent. Also the amount of tablespace for system is dependent on are you creating a large number of tables, storing forms info in the db, creating stored procedures, and so on use system table space. Also check that none of your users have their default or temp tablespace set to system and check that no rollbacksegments are in system and if the they are add the optimal to the them so that the contract back to a managable siZe. Received on Sat Oct 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message