Re: NT/32bit OCI/Sqlnet

From: Extel Inc. <extel_at_shore.net>
Date: 1995/10/06

wenicp_at_itwol.bhp.com.au (wenicp) writes:

>Can anyone tell me how I can get my hands on a 32bit dll/link library
>for OCI. I'm attempting to write a 32bit program (under NT) to connect
>to a remote Unix server (rs-6000, sqlnet v2). Oracle Australia don't
>seem to be able to tell me what I need to buy to get my hands on this.
>I hope I don't need to buy and NT version of Oracle 7 just to get
>the DLL/link library.

>I've got it working in 16 bit, but the $%^&* Oracle library requires
>a 40K stack which leaves very little room for any real work. Therefore
>I need a 32 bit solution

>Thanks in advance.

I think you have to install the Server on NT for it to create the oci .h files for you. At least that's what we did. You'll need libocic.a too. I guess you could call Oracle and ask them how much this costs or if they unbundle it, but I can't think an NT server licence costs too much anyway. Received on Fri Oct 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message