Re: RDBMS on Netware or NT ?

From: Christian Pfundtner <Christian_Pfundtner_at_msn.com>
Date: 1995/10/06

Ulf Pettersson <Ulf.Pettersson_at_ims.ore.se> wrote:

>Any special pros and cons in which OS (Netware 4.x or Windows
>NT) I should use for a new Oracle database ?

>All information in the area are very welcomed.

>Thank you

>/Ulf

if you will use a Server for Database usage only. Novell is propably the better choice. If it is running. it is running very well. The problems appears if you try to use the Server als for other things like FAX-Services,... where problems with different NLM-Versions could appear.

If you like to use other Services too on the same Server WinNt 3.5x will be the better choice, since Oracle on this OS is not so much depending on OS-Patches and such things.

Oracle on the same Machine should be some percent faster under Novell, since there is no GUI which could cut time. Received on Fri Oct 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message