Re: H e l p ..! SQL*NET Error ORA-6403

From: Mike Morgan <mike.morgan_at_teldta.com>
Date: 1995/10/06

jbergern_at_reach.com wrote:
>Does anyone know what the error message "ORA-6403: cannot allocate context
>area" means? We are receiving this error attempting Vax uploads on a
>Pathworks 5.0 based system. Under Pathworks 4.0 everything worked - It is
>after the Pathworks 5.0 upgrade was done that this problem became
>apparent. Please e-mail me if you have any suggestions or any insight.
>
>Thanks --
>
>Jeremy

Version 6:
oerr ora 6403
06403, 00000, "NETCMN: cannot allocate context area"

// *Cause:  Insufficient dynamic memory available for connection
//          context area.
// *Action: Contact your customer support representative.

Version 7:
oerr ora 6403
06403, 00000, "Unable to allocate memory." // *Cause: System unable to allocate needed virtual memory. // *Action: Configure more memory, reduce load, or simply try again.

Does this help?

Mike Morgan
Technology Integration Services - Unix DBA

email: mike.morgan_at_teldta.com

TDS Computing Services
301 S. Westfield Road
Madison, WI 53705 USA
(608)845-4661

"Murphy's Law of computing: Anything that can go wrSegmentation fault(coredump)"