Update NOTFOUND from PL/SQL

From: Satish Rajan <satish_at_cais.cais.com>
Date: 1995/10/06

A newbie question...

I've written a PL/SQL storedproc to update a single row in a table. When I invoke it from a ProC program, it never tells me that the record I'm looking for is NOTFOUND. So I had to put in an SQL%NOTFOUND in the stored procedure and raise_application_error() to detect the notfound condition.

Is there a better way of detecting notfound conditions in this situation?

--

Satish Rajan                     satish_at_cais.com
TEAM OS/2                        MCI Mail:   544-1848

Arlington, VA          [ All opinions expressed here are my personal
                         views which may or may not be shared by my
                         employer or anyone else. ]

Get Warped with OS/2 V3