UNIX vs VMS

From: Kulin Contracter <kulin_at_juicer.magna.com.au>
Date: 1995/10/06

I need some urgent help...

I work as a Database Administrator for a government organisation in Sydney, Australia.

We have decided to go ahead with ORacle Financials. We still haven't decided wether we will be running it on UNIX or VMS platforms. I am personally in favour of UNIX platform but someone else in the organisation favours VMS. THe issue will be resolved after round the table discussion sometimes this week.

What I was after was some solid statistics about performance of Oracle on UNIX and VMS platform (preferably on DEC Alpha 8200) Also, VMS supports clustering which has advantage that offsite (remote) mirroring can be done. IS there something equivalent in UNIX that allows offsite mirroring?

Any information in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Kulin Contractor Received on Fri Oct 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message