Delimiters?? Am I the only one? Please Help!

From: <us001163_at_interramp.com>
Date: 1995/10/06

I hope this isn't painfully simple to answer.

Does Oracle have any useful way to give ascii output and have the columns delimited by a user defined delimiter. Also, leading and trailing spaces need to be stripped.

I know Oracle has a line delimiter that you can set and I know that you can do something like: select host, ':', port, ':' ... and the output will be delimited but it is not pretty and makes parsing a pain.

The desired output assuming a : is the delimiter would be like:

scooby:port01:gate01
scrappy:port01:gate02

Any help is appreciated.

Please e-mail Doug.Schnee_at_osi.com or us001163_at_interramp.com

Doug Schnee Received on Fri Oct 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message