Re: I need root to be able to connect internal.

From: Pierre Hollard <phollard_at_bambam.turner.com>
Date: 1995/10/06

In article <44rc99$csj_at_nomad.urich.edu>, Michael Huneycutt <mhuney_at_sonic.urich.edu> wrote:

> Can someone help me with a problem I have. I have put root into the
>dba group, but still am unable to connect internal when using sqldba. Is
>there some sort of quirk in Oracle 7.1.6 that prevents root from doing a
>connect internal even when root is in the dba group.

Try to set the TWO_TASK variable to 'p:':

TWO_TASK=p:; export TWO_TASK (in bourne shell)

This should fix your problem (but don't ask me why!!!)

Pierre Hollard
Oracle Database Administrator                  Phone: (404) 827-0656
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.              E-Mail: phollard_at_dev1.turner.com