Strange behavior of Personal Oracle 7

From: Stefan Fallet <stfallet_at_Herrenberg.netsurf.de>
Date: 1995/10/05

Hi,

We are having big problems with Personal Oracle 7. We realy need every help we can get. The Oracle Hotline itself has not gotten any solutions to our problem yet. If we get the problems solved, I will posted the solutions! The more replies we get, the easier we can solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Our Problem:
We are running Personal Oracle 7 (7.1.4.1.0) on Microsoft Windows 3.1(Amercian, German and Spanish versions). We are using ODBC from Intersolve and Oracle to connect to the database. Our hardware was 486/66 with 32 Mb RAM. We tried it on 4 different machines. Every machine had the same problems.
We have a VB (Visual Basic) application whitch connects via ODBC to Oracle. The apllication runs perfect if it connects onto a Netware Oracle 7 database. If it connects to PO7 it show strange behavior. Listboxes don't get filled. DataControls act strange. We tested it with a simple program in VB. The programm connects to the DB, opens a dynaset, reads the rows from EMP and inserts each ename into a listbox. The listbox does not get filled (debug printouts show, that all the rows are being fetched). We tried linking a table into ACCESS. ACCESS repeatedly crashed with a GPF.
We traced the ODBC communication. It showed, that a SQLColumns statement
(called by the ORACLE ODBC) was producing bad pointers.

Stefan Fallet

EMAIL: stfallet_at_herrenberg.netsurf.de

Phone: +49 172 720 65 64 or +49 7032 9852 0 Fax: +49 7032 9852 90

Please excuse my bad english. Received on Thu Oct 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message