Re: Triggers and create user

From: S. Kannan <skannan_at_cardinal.fs.com>
Date: 1995/10/05

Jeffrey D. Qualls (jdqualls_at_lnusde.delcoelect.com) wrote:
: Does anyone here know if you can create a user from within a trigger?

: I am trying to fix it so that inserting a record into a table (of users)
: will create an Oracle user if it doesn't already exist.

: If this can't be done, does anybody know another way to accomplish the goal?

: Thanks for the help.

: JDQ
No. A DDL statement cannot be used in a trigger.

One way is to pass users as parameters to a sql script that executes the create user command using this parameter. You will need to worry about passing the password as a parameter, which can get tricky. All the best.

Kannan
Email: skannan_at_fs.com
Mastech Systems Corporation

The above are my own comments and opinion. They do not purport that of
anybody else.
       ** Different is Not Better. Better is not Different. **