Re: Oracle7, Pro*C, and Visual Age C++

From: David Colello <dcolello_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/10/04

johnk_at_arlut.utexas.edu (John Knutson) wrote:

>I'm having difficulty using Oracle's Pro*C with Visual Age C++. The
>examples shipped with Oracle (version 7.1, and version 1.6 of Pro*C)
>do not work with VAC++. They compile, but when any library calls are
>made (Oracle libraries), an access violation exception occurs. I have
>my version 2.1 CSet++ compiler still, and the examples work just fine
>with it.

>I've made various work-around attempts without any success. Has
>anyone out there had any success using Oracle 7 with the new Visual
>Age C++ compiler? If so, what did you have to do to make things work?

As long as you're using the _System calling convention for all Oracle calls and you're linking with enough stack [at least 30K], then it should work OK, since I don't think we had to make any changes to support VAC++ in v2.1 of Pro*C. [which will be out soon].

With C/Set++ you could turn on _System with the /Ms option, by using _System in the prototypes of all Oracle functions, or by using #pragma linkage.

Dave - Oracle Corp. Received on Wed Oct 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message