Re: Newbie - Report Tool Recomendation

From: <tsukkel_at_vmsmail.gov.bc.ca>
Date: 1995/10/04

> Can anyone recommend any "Reporting Tools" for Oracle.
>
> We currently use a product called "IQ" against Ingres Databases and
> whilst we could use this with ODBC to access Oracle Databases we are
> looking for Reporting Tools that access the Oracle Databasess directly.
> --
> Eric Shaw ---> Internet Eric.Shaw_at_barclays.co.uk

Hi Eric,

        There are a number of good tools that will access Oracle directly. The company I work for, Cognos Inc., offers a tool called Impromptu. This tool will access Oracle directly over SQL*Net, as well as many other data sources directly via an API or through a gateway such as ODBC. There have been many good articles on Impromptu in the trade magazines, so you should be able to get some detailed non-biased information there.

To contact Cognos directly in the UK, call 011 (44) 344 486 668 (Bracknell)

                                           011 (44) 61 872 3620 (Manchester)

For more information, you can respond to me directly or contact the closest Cognos office. Based on your internet_id, I have listed the UK offices above. If you would like a different contact, let me know, as we have offices world wide and I'm sure I can find an office near you.

Tony Sukkel
Cognos Inc.
Victoria, B.C.

TSUKKEL_at_Galaxy.gov.bc.ca

--
Disclaimer: The opinions and statements contained in this posting are the sole
responsibility of the author and have not in any way been reviewed or approved