Re: Oracle7 for Win NT auto startup

From: Helge Petersen <petersen_at_com1.dwhl.de>
Date: 1995/10/04

>> lsass.exe, c:\orant\bin\startup.bat
>>

>Works only after you actually login on the server. Hence the
>use of the "winlogon' parameter in the registry. Following your
>steps outlined above, after rebooting the server and attempting
>to connect to the database from a WFWG client, the following
>errors are received:

>ORA-1034: ORACLE Not available
>ORA-09243:smget:error attaching to SGA
>OSD-04101:invalid SGA. SGA not initialized

>If you get different results, without logging in to the server
>when you get the WELCOME - Pres CTRL+ALT+DEL to logon screen, I
>would love to know how.

>Jim

Hi all,
in our situation the line above is

c:\orant\bin\startup.bat, lsass.exe

We also had problems with the "timing" of the startup of the Oracle services (in our case the instance and Net v2 listener).

We DID NOT start the listener service automatic. We're starting it in STARTUP.BAT by c:\orant\bin\lsnrctl start.

Before starting the Instance with SQL*DBA by c:\orant\bin\sqldba71 _at_c:\orant\bin\startup.sql lmode=y we must "wait" a few seconds to let the listener startup completely. We solved this problem by adding
c:\orant\bin\lsnrctl status
between listener startup and instance startup.

This solution works WITHOUT login ti Windows NT.

Hope this helps Received on Wed Oct 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message