Re: Newbie - Report Tool Recomendation

From: Craig S. Mullins <MULLC_at_platinum.com>
Date: 1995/10/03

In article <44rdjh$c60_at_tenby.barclays.co.uk> PostMaster_at_barclays.co.uk writes:
>From: PostMaster_at_barclays.co.uk
>Subject: Newbie - Report Tool Recomendation
>Date: 3 Oct 1995 13:25:05 GMT

>Hi

>Can anyone recommend any "Reporting Tools" for Oracle.
>We currently use a product called "IQ" against Ingres Databases and
>whilst we could use this with ODBC to access Oracle Databases we are
>looking for Reporting Tools that access the Oracle Databasess directly.
>Sorry if this topic has been done before but I'm new to Oracle (haven't
>even got the software yet :-) ).

>TIA
>Eric
>--
>Eric Shaw ---> Internet Eric.Shaw_at_barclays.co.uk
>Disclaimer : My thoughts are my own - or at least I own my thoughts.

Eric:

Please consider PLATINUM's line of query and report tools:

PLATINUM Forest & Trees V4.0 provides business users of all skill levels with the tools they need to query, report and analyze data to make important business decisions without having to depend on IS staff. Forest & Trees provides intuitive query and reporting without IS involvement. Report formatting is easy empowering business users to engage in productive data analysis. The Forest & Trees dictionary helps users understand databases and their structure. Forest & Trees is easy to setup, customize, and maintain.

PLATINUM ProReports is a breakthrough client/server report writer that allows multiple  queries from heterogeneous databases across multiple platforms from a Windows interface. This allows innumerable ways to access, view, analyze, and present previously inaccessible data. For example, with a few clicks of a mouse, a user could combine manufacturing data from Oracle on an HP, purchasing information from DB2 on MVS, and forecasting information from Microsoft Access on a PC in a single report. ProServer, the companion product of ProReports allows reports to be created on a client and run on a server, while retaining identical formatting attributes. Therefore, documents can be created on a PC using ProReports for Windows and scheduled to run on any server overnight, minimizing network traffic and optimizing resources.

PLATINUM SQLASSIST is an enterprise wide decision support tool with data access, querying, reporting and conversion facilities. It is fast, powerful, and sophisticated, yet still usable by end users. SQLASSIST provides novice users with the ease of a graphical Windows interface and shields them from having to know the SQL language. Yet, an interactive SQL mode is also available for power users, as SQLASSIST reads and writes SQL code. SQLASSIST was judged the best ad hoc query tool in a recent Information Week article, "SQLASSIST for Windows is a superior product.. .. a highly polished, well planned product. The great number of advanced features made it a winner for novice and power users."

For more information on these products, contact PLATINUM technology, inc. at 1-800-442-6861 -or- 708/620-5000. Received on Tue Oct 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message