Re: Problems saving forms to database.

From: Christian Kaiser <chris_at_reblaus.wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: 1995/10/02

In article <44es1l$jto_at_watnews1.watson.ibm.com> from [28 Sep 1995 19:11:49 GMT] you wrote:
|> In <445gb6$aop_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, rzuniga_at_aol.com (RZuniga) writes:
|> >We are using Oracle*Forms 4.5 for MS Windows (Designer) Version 4.5.6.0.7
|> >(Production) and Oracle* Server Release 7.1.4.1.0 (Production) We are
|> >having problems saving modules and forms to the database. We have this
|> >very nice application of approximately 48 forms that we compiled and runs
|> >without problems and we can t save it to the database. Right now we save
|> >the files to the hard drive.
|> >When we try to save the modules to the database we get the errors:
|> >
|> > ORA-00942: Table or user view does not exists.
|> >
|> >followed by
|> >
|> > FRM-10090: Cannot save module to database.
|>

|> The database has to have certain tables created to save a
|> Form in the database. Evidently, your DBA did not run the required scripts
|> to create these tables or you do not have access. Have your DBA setup a Tools
|> tablespace and then run the necessary scripts (connected as user system)
|> to create the Oracle Tools database tables. The Forms scripts can be found in
|> your Developer/2000 directory under \CDE2WIN\FORMS45\SQL (or whatever your
|> directory structure is on your machine).
|>
|> The Forms Scripts include: (note: there is also a Windows ICON for these jobs)
|>
|> FRM45BLD.SQL /* Builds the Required forms Tables */
|> FRM45GRNT.SQL /* Grant access to users */

It may be possible that these scripts were not on the distribution media - call ORACLE if it was not (they sent me a disk with the installation scripts for Forms and Reports)

chris

--
Ing. Christian Kaiser     chris_at_reblaus.wu-wien.ac.at
ADV-Abteilung

Augasse 2-6,  A-1090 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 (1) 31-336 x4040
lifes a beach and then you dive

                 |\
 |\              | \                   OoOo
 \ \             \  \                  oOOo
                                 /;|\